spoon

On The Menu

Bacon Wrapped Spinach and Garlic and Goat Cheese Stuffed Tenderloin

0

Category : , ,

So I didn't post any pics from the Steak Night we had with the beef tenderloin. You will just have to take my word for it that it was unbelievably delicious. Butchering a whole tenderloin is not only yummy, but a really good bargain too.

What was left after that night was the head roast and the chain meat. I'll be making cheese steaks out of the latter sometime soon. I made a stuffed roast with the former for dinner tonight.

Taking the recipe/technique from Alton Brown, but substituting the blue cheese with a mixture of spinach, goat cheese and garlic. Basically butterfly the roast, sear both sides, add in the filling and roll up the roast. Alton used string, but I didn't have any in our kitchen. So I used the next best thing: bacon!

I slightly overcooked the roast. Closer to Medium than medium rare. Turned out pretty good I though.






0 comments: